PE and Sport Grant allocation and how we use it.
In 2014 the government announced that it was providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
At Stockwell Primary School we believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the all round development of our children and through participation, our children build and learn about our key values such as respect, co-operation, team work, perseverance, focus and respect for oneself and others.
We use our sport premium funding to;
- provide specialist sports coaching and tuition during curriculum time
- provide professional development opportunities for teachers and teaching assistants enabling quality teaching and learning in PE for all children
- provide a specialist play leader/coaches to run lunch-time active play opportunities to develop healthy life styles in (PESS) Physical Education School Sport
- provide high quality equipment and resources for sports, PE and lunch time play.
- Provide High quality dance tuition
Different clubs are provided at different times of the year and for different age groups so as to provide variety and to extend access.
At Stockwell Primary School the clubs we provide include hockey, basketball, tag rugby, handball, tennis, gymnastics, football, multi-sports, cricket, volleyball, netball and yoga.
All staff receive training to ensure that they are or will be supported to be able to teach PE to a high standard.
Our overall aims are to provide higher quality PE opportunities for all both in curriculum and out of hour provisions; improve learning and raise standards in P.E and sport; increase participation offered to our children, offer regular opportunities to participate in competitions and to make high quality teaching of PE and sport sustainable.